Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Sweet things



I have been relishing my almost 8 month old son.


Maybe it's the way he sucks his thumb and rubs his head when he's tired.

Maybe it's the fact he belts out belly laughs when you do the simplest things.

Maybe it's because he smiles so easily.

Maybe it's because we had a scare with him when we found out he has congenital Horner's syndrome. That experience created a bond between us.

Maybe it's because he is a laid-back fellow who rarely cries.

Maybe it's because he has three big sisters to love on him, sing to him, and pray for him.

Or maybe, just maybe, it's because I'm relishing my role as a mother, realizing it's who I was meant to be and embracing it.

"For thou didst form my inward parts,
thou didst knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise thee, for thou art fearful and wonderful.
Wonderful are thy works!
Thou knowest me right well;
my frame was not hidden from thee,
while I was being made in secret,
intrically wrought in the depths of the earth."
~Psalm 139: 13-15

1 comment:

andrea said...

What a sweetheart. I love babies who enjoy sucking their fingers and toes.
Adorable!
a.