Friday, July 14, 2006

Lullaby and a conviction

<
How many miles to Babyland?
Anyone can tell;
Up one flight,
To the right,
Please to ring the bell.
What do they do in Babyland?
Dream and wake and play,
Laugh and crow, fonder grow,
Jolly times have they.
What do they say in Babyland?
Why, the oddest things;
Might as well try to tell
What the birdie sings.
Who is queen in Babyland?
Mother, kind and sweet;
And her love, born above,
Guides the little feet.
~English
We have a delightful CD called "Wee Sing: Nursery Rhymes and Lullabies". I love to listen to the Lullabies because they are so sweet and comforting. We were listening to this CD in the car today and this particular lullaby came on. I have to say, it really convicted me, mostly the line "Who is the queen in Babyland?Mother, kind and sweet." I'm sure your'e wondering how I could be convicted with that line, but this whole week I've been going crazy trying to pack for our vacation next week. It's hard to be kind and sweet when you have to pack for 4 children.
But I want to be my children's Mother; kind and sweet. The last two lines of the lullaby are redeeming for me: And her love, born above, Guides the little feet. My kindess and sweetness do not come from myself, it is a Love given to me by Jesus, himself. It is born above.
Thank you, Lord, for your perfect love!
Now, off to pack.

No comments: