Thursday, August 31, 2006

Great is thy faithfulness


Here in the northeast, it's been raining and overcast since Saturday. The sun peeked it's head yesterday for a couple of hours in the afternoon, but other than that it's been cloudy. I think we are expecting the same this weekend.

This photo made me long for those crisp, sunny, autumn days that (hopefully) will be ahead of us. As much as I am sad summer is almost over, there is a sense of excitement about fall that I enjoy. It is my favorite season, and it starts our own "busy season" with one child's birthday in September, two in October, our anniversary in November, and lastly, a child's birthday in December. Not to mention Thanksgiving and Christmas added to the mix. October is probably my favorite month, so it is good we have 2 birthday's to celebrate in that time.

What's the reason for this post, you say? Today my wonderful husband is taking the day off so that I can do my scheduling and office organizing that I've been speaking of the past week. My expectation is that I will get a lot done, at least, that is what I am hoping for. So, what do I do when I have some free, uninteruppted time? Blog, what else? :)

Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22-23

I am so thankful his mercies are new every morning, aren't you? They give me grace to accept the shortcomings I so often experience every day. His mercies give me hope that even if I don't do all I set out to do today, his mercies are new tommorow morning, and the next day, and on and on. Just like the autumn season brings an excitement to my coming days, so should His mercies.

And with that, I will stop my ramblings, and get on with the work ahead of me.


photo by Darren C.

2 comments:

L.L. Barkat said...

Yes. Just think...life without morning, life without mercy, would be a terrible thing. But He is faithful, as you say.

Kat said...

Andrea,
This is such a beautiful post! I do love that passage in Lamentations...thanks for reminding that His mercies are new each morning!

Blessings to you,
Kat
P.S. A friend of mine has been visiting your blog and was commenting how she enjoyed it. She said your profile picture was ever so cool :-)