Friday, August 25, 2006

Some truths I just have to accept

~I will always be chasing that elusive schedule where I can get everything done.

~My house will never look like Country Home magazine.

~I will never learn all I want to learn.

~ I will never do all the things I want to do.

~My husband will never be a full-time farmer. (And on that note, I am not sure I want him to be a full-time farmer, but we still hope for our little farmette!)

~There will always be jobs unfinished as long as I have small children. (And probably even after that!)

~There is not a "perfect church".

~There are no perfect people.

~I will never cook as healthy as Annie. But she does have some good recipes.

~I will always have a pile of books beside my bed that I want to read.

~My baby wakes up at 6 a.m. most mornings. He does. I have to accept that. ;) (But he sleeps all night--for that I am thankful!)

~I am not as intellectual as MMV. But I'm trying to be!

~We live in New York. (Sorry all you Yankees! But I long for the South.)

~I cannot change my husband. Only God can.

But this is all fine. Accepting is one the first steps to contentment.
As Martin Luther said:

"This life is not a state of being righteous, but rather a growth of righteousness; not a state of being healthy, but a period of healing; not a state of being, but becoming; not a state of rest, but of exercise and activity.

We are not yet what we shall be,
but we grow toward it;

The process is not yet finished,
but it is still going on;

This life is not the end,
it is the way to a better.

All does not yet shine with glory;
nevertheless, all is being purified."

And Amen again and again.

2 comments:

© 2003-2007 M-mv said...

Oh, dear. I'm not "intellectual" -- I'm just a brain-exercise advocate.

(*wry grin*)

Thank you for the link/nod.

MFS

Andrea said...

Yes, 'twas a nod to your site!