Monday, September 04, 2006

Blueberry muffins


Yes, I know, I know, these have already been talked about on numerous websites, but you have to try them.
My recipe's the best, I promise.
But, you have to promise me that you'll use fresh blueberries, preferably picked yourself, since it makes it all the more satisfying, but picked yourself at the grocery store is ok, too.
Promise me you won't substitute the wheat flour for the white, and the honey for sugar.
That's a no-no, here.
But I will let you substitute {fresh} raspberries for the blueberries, if you are so inclined.
Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1 1/4 cups white sugar
2 eggs
2 cups of unbleached white flour
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1/4 cup milk
2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
1/4 cup white sugar
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease and flour muffin pans, or use paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 1/4 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and mix.
3. Mix flour, baking powder, and salt. Add flour mixture, alternating with milk. Fold in berries.
4. Fill muffin cups and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup sugar. Yes. All of it.
5. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
Serve warm and pretty to your family for breakfast or after-dinner snack.


1 comment:

Ann Kroeker said...

Found them!

Now I'm going to try them out--dueling recipes between yours and StretchMarkMama's (and anyone else who posted a version today)!

Thanks,
Ann