Wednesday, September 06, 2006

On things above

Have you ever stopped to think, at one time or another; where are my thoughts?

What are you thinking about when you are "alone" with your thoughts, in the shower, in the car, at the kitchen sink, in the laundry room, the late night clean up? ~Sara Shull

~When can I plan for the upcoming birthday party?
~What am I going to blog about?
~What will I make for dinner?
~Why can't we...
~If I could just...
~Why do I have to...
~So-and-so wouldn't do this, they would do this...
~What would they think?
~Why is he...?
~How am I going to do all of....?
~It would be much better if...

O Lord, you have searched me
and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise,
you perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue
you know it completely, O Lord.
~Psalm 139:1-4


If I am going to find Joy in my mothering, in my life, then my thoughts need to be in the right place. Set your mind on the things above, not on earthly things. Col 3:2











2 comments:

tonia said...

a very good reminder for this wandering mind today...thanks.

Kat said...

Hey Andrea,

I so enjoy your sweet spirit. Your blog reflects your tenderness.

Thank you for your comment! I can't wait to hear your wisdom/ideas/whatever it is ya want to say on Tuesday! :-)