Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Seeds



This is amazing to me:

One seed = one pumpkin vine, with the potential of growth of many pumpkins.
One pumpkin, out of that one vine, holds many seeds=the potential for many vines, many pumpkins, many seeds...and so on.

Mind boggling. Sort of like God saying to Abraham:

I will surely bless you and make your decendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand in the seashore. Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies, and through your offspring [seed] all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me. Genesis 22:17-18

4 comments:

Miriam said...

This is *so* cool. Always love your photos. Happy birthday to your little man, by the way. :)

Anonymous said...

My feeble mind cannot wrap itself around these sums. It makes me hungry!
Thanks for the great thoughts.

Anonymous said...

I have honestly never thought about that before. Glad you brought it up though becase it's just plain neato. Have a great day!

Andrea said...

Thank you Miriam for the birthday wishes. I can't believe he is one!