Monday, October 16, 2006

Zany Zanes



"Welcome to the world of 21st century all ages Family Music, made for kids and grown ups to enjoy together. Regardless of your age, size or temperament, if you like to sing along and dance with wild abandon, this music is for you!"

So says Dan Zanes and Friends.




This past weekend, we saw Dan Zanes in concert. Here are some reasons why I enjoy him:

1. He promotes family. Concerts are for all ages, and everyone enjoys it. In fact, he mentions that it's for "young and old" in his shows.

2. Most of his songs are folk songs, social songs, nursery rhymes, and sea songs. And he doesn't "sing down" to the children. They gain a reportoire of these songs in their day-to-day. My children walk around singing "Pay Me My Money Down".

3. Singing "Twinkle, twinkle, little star" is fun, not boring.



And on another note, isn't this the sweetest picture? He enjoyed the music, too.

4 comments:

L.L. Barkat said...

What a concept, to sing for young and old alike... wish I'd seen him.

Oh... look at that face! (The baby's, not Zane's.) Precious delight.

Holly said...

Hey - I'll have to check them out...I've never heard of them!

And you really need to stop posting such precious baby boy pictures. I already have five....(boys...) and if there are to be any more babies in this family I am hoping for girls. You *might* make me change my mind! :) He is TOO CUTE!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by. That sounded like alot of fun. I'm not even sure if I've heard of this guy.
Yes, I have to say that is one sweet picure. Love his little hat.:)

Kat said...

Oh how precious he is! What a beautiful baby!