Saturday, November 04, 2006

The depth, the height, the worth

I love playing this game with my daughters:

"Mom, I love you THIS much." [arms stretched out]

"I love you, THIS much, too!"

"I love you up to the SKY!"

"I love you up to HEAVEN!"

"I love you up to JESUS!"

"I love you up to HEAVEN...and ABOVE HEAVEN!"

and so on.

And, really, they know I love them, but they don't fully know the depth, the height, the worth.

Like our Father. Why shouldn't we trust Him?

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 8:38-39

2 comments:

L.L. Barkat said...

Yes, it is trust that can make all the difference. Love that Romans verse, btw. :)

I'm sitting here imagining playing that game with God... but my arms are not as wide as the universe through which he's spoken, "I love you this much".

Andrea said...

L.L.
My point exactly. :)