Sunday, November 12, 2006

Girls looking up

Tonight we had a date night with some great friends. This is a rarity, but fun when it happens. We placed a nice dinner reservation, the husbands wore ties and coats, and the ladies got to pull out their dressiest dresses.

The fun part was getting ready. It's not often I get dolled up, but I enjoy it when I get the chance. The best was the wide-eyed looks from the girls: Mommy, when are you going to put on your pretty dress? Excitement on their part. And wonderment at their mother--dressed up and smelling good. I could see the fascination in their eyes, fascination at all things girly.

For our Father made us as women, and women-to-be, and therefore we have a purpose in that womanhood. And I loved being celebrated that way tonight, with my husband, and my little girls.



Mommy and Daddy on a date.
(Note attention to detail: the tie, the hankerchief in the pocket, my curls.)

6 comments:

bluemountainmama said...

what fun! i haven't had a chance to dress up in ages! thanks for stopping by my blog!

L.L. Barkat said...

How very sweet. My girls get very shy when I dress up and go out with my husband. They seem to know there's more than meets the eye. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, how lovely! How do our daughter's learn to be feminine and delightful? By our example!
Something I look forward to immensely.

Katherine@Raising Five said...

So cute! Our kids love it when we go on a date ... I think it´s such a great way to reinforce a sense of safety and stability to know Mom and Dad are still in love! You have quite an artist there!

tonia said...

that sounds heavenly! I need to put a date like that on the calendar and DO it.:)

Andrea said...

Blue mountain mama--
your pictures make me long for the blue ridge mountains!

Elise--yes! I want to make womanhood look very appealing to my girls. I want them to embrace it. :)

Katherine--you are right. I remember I used to get excited when my mother and father went out. I loved that feeling.

Tonia--yes, do it! and I can't wait to hear about it. :)