Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Ode to my baby

Everyone should have a little baby to rock.

Soft, warm, hands to touch; warm fingers to wrap around yours.

A baby to look at... contented, sucking its thumb, looking out the window in its car seat, watching the world go by, eyes following trees.

A sweet, little monkey who sits contented in his stroller, though mama has lots of errands to run.

Yummy whimpers and sighs as he is drifting to sleep.

Ah, yes, the world is much sweeter with a baby always in the house!!

This "ode" is for my little one, who is starting to walk...a crawling baby no more. I suppose Mama must go to the baby store now and get another!! ;)


3 comments:

salina said...

Stopping by to say hello. Glad to see all is well. Hope the new year brings you much joy and more of that feeling of contentment and peace. Take care.

Elise said...

Oh, I think we are kindred spirits!
"Yummy", and "monkey" are common terms in my vocabulary for my baby. She sucks her thumb, too! And the first steps are right around the corner as well - wah!
Let me know about any baby sales you come across! (laughs) I am getting the urge to shop as well!

Kendra said...

Oh, this is so sweet - I couldn't agree more! My littlest one has begun taking his first steps. Hopefully, I'll make it to that baby store soon, too!