Sunday, January 14, 2007

10 things I thought I'd never do

Well, first of all, I never thought that I would be doing "memes" on my blog, but there is always the exception.

And I've learned to "Never Say Never".

This list is proof:

1. I never thought I would live in New York. Come on, y'all, I'm a southern gal! My husband likes to tease me that 3 of my babies were born in New York.

2. I never thought I would become a mother and new wife at the same time. But it's one of the best things I've ever done. (For those of you who don't know, I married my husband when my first daughter was nearly five. I became a mother to her and adopted her as my own, as her mother had died when she was 2 years old. It's a beautiful story of how He "works together for good those who love Him". I've never told the whole story on this blog, but touched on it here.

3. I never thought I would find a Christian man to marry. But the Lord gave me that and more!

4. I never thought I would homeschool. My husband wanted me to teach our first daughter when we got married. I said--no way!!--But I prayed and researched, and there you go.

5. I never thought I would have four children. It's been nothing like I thought it would be: it's been better!

6. I never thought motherhood would be so difficult--yet so rewarding. I think we all never thought that.

7. I never thought I would drive in New York City. But I have...and survived. (Barely.)

8. I never thought I would need the Lord for so many things. But He's proven me wrong--thank goodness.

9. I never thought that I would actually start a blog, and keep it going. But I have!!

10. And I never thought that I would learn so much through blogging. Thanks all you bloggers.

It just goes to show you that sometimes God actually makes your "nevers" come to reality!
I'm sure there is more, but these were a quick thought. It's amazing, a lot of what you thought you'd never do, you do.

Consider yourself tagged if you read this. Let me know if you post and I would love to read just how the Lord changed your "nevers".

(Thanks to Michelle for the meme.)

6 comments:

Christine said...

Hmmm, I might think about doing this if I have time tomorrow...

And I'm a NJ gal, now transplanted to OH. We used to go into "the city" for shows, Yankee games and shopping when I was a kid. Hope you're enjoying being a "Yankee" at least a little bit! :)

tonia said...

beautiful story about your husband and daughter...I love to see how God makes families.

bluemountainmama said...

I guess the old adage is true... "never say never". I have a lot of blog catching up to do and will come back and read some of the posts I missed while gone.

L.L. Barkat said...

Oy. I was just tagged by two others... this would make three. And they are all a little different! But I think I'll just do a three-in-one, and see what that turns up!

I liked reading this. It is encouraging to see someone do so many things she did not want to do, or did not plan to do, or did not feel adequate to do. And, to do them, in the end, so well!

Katherine@Raising Five said...

Love the story of your husband and daughter. I'd love the long version (NO PRESSURE NOW!).

My nevers would include your list (minus New York and the wife/mom combo) plus things like teen hair color and cell phones. I won't even go into where I said I'd never let a pacifier fall...and stick it back in...

L.L. Barkat said...

Alrighty then. All done. Come and see the havoc you caused. :)