Sunday, January 28, 2007

Stripped

I wanna be stripped.

Stripped of opinions, stripped of insecurities, stripped of what "I should do".

Stripped of "what's best for me", or "what's best for my family", or "what's best for whoever."

Stripped of the pleasing others instead of God, stripped of my own understanding, my wanting, my needing...(but only wanting and needing Him)

Search me, O God,and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
~Psalm 139:23-24

7 comments:

Elise said...

Oh, me too. Me. too.
That not needing to please others thing is a big one - it is so hard for me to focus on God above all else; my eyes always slip downward.
I'm praying with you in this, Andrea.

Anna said...

I wanna be that too Andrea...so badly.

bluemountainmama said...

amen!

Christine said...

Me too! Can I come?

Miriam said...

Oh, man - I'm in this place as well. Part of the reason for my blogging break. You expressed it so well, and so simply. Beautiful.

L.L. Barkat said...

Oops! I read this and thought you said you wanted to be stripped of onions. That was a little perplexing, indeed.

Andrea said...

L.L.

Yeah, those pesky onions!