I think this is an important question--why do you blog? What's it for? Here's my "why's":
- To express the everyday creatively. Life is more about ordinary momments, than big "Wow's", so why not find creativity in that?
- To give my thoughts a voice. I've got many of them. It feels good to get them out sometimes.
- To connect with others in a unique community. Most of the blogs I read, or the women who read here, I would never meet collectively with all at one time. Blogging helps me do that. I have really learned so much from so many different women.
- To encourage and inspire--myself and others. We always need that, don't we?
- And lastly, this quote, from Elizabeth Prentiss, sums it all up nicely:
"Because the voice of a fellow-traveller always stimulates his brother-pilgrim, what one finds and speaks of and rejoices over, sets the other upon determining to find too. God has been very good to you, as well as to me, but we ought to whisper to each other now and then, 'Go on, step faster, step surer, lay hold on the Rock of Ages with both hands.' You never need be afraid to speak such words to me. I want to be pushed on, and pulled on and coaxed on."
Thanks, Christine, for giving me the opportunity to say these things!