Thursday, March 01, 2007

Corners of my home



I love to look at this this Flickr group. It is called "Corners of my Home". I know most of us like to see how others live, especially if the photo is pleasing to look at. There are so many inspirational spots in people's homes. No matter what your house looks like, I am sure there is a spot there that makes you just feel.....good.

The photo above is one such place for me. It is my desk. For awhile, I did not like this desk. I did not like the clutter that the cubbyholes showed, and the lack of neatness. But I have come to embrace it. I like to look into my office/guest room and see my desk with the lamp lightly glowing. It just makes me feel cozy. My husband actually found the cubbyhole compartments on the side of the road! What a great find.

What I like about the "Corners of my home" is that if you just have eyes to see, you can find many such places in your own home that you like and that are pleasing to you. Now, if I looked at my home as a whole, I could find many things I was disatisfied with. But taking the "corners" apart, and looking at each of them for what they are, I can find joy and pleasure in that!

5 comments:

Mrs. S said...

A wonderful idea. I'm going to look around my home for beloved corners. I can already think of a few. I love the picture of your desk and the cozy, homey feel that lamp gives. Lovely. Another way to be satisfied with what we have, isn't it? Finding the beauty in the corners of our home.

bluemountainmama said...

i love this photo andrea...it DOES look cozy! i love the glow of the lamp. "corners" is a neat concept. like you said, on the whole it's easy to find flaws...but i think everyone has corners that they love in their house.

Anna said...

This is wonderful Andrea...this is so cozy and would make me want to sit there all day!

AIMEE said...

cozy seems to be the theme! I agree...a wonderful thotful spot! :)

Roberta said...

Oh...this is a kindred spirit corner. I LOVE it and would feel sso cozy and creative here. That lamp is a picture of beauty. Thanks for sharing your corner. :)