Monday, March 05, 2007

You're invited....

When it's Monday morning, and it's 9:00, and you *still* haven't taken your shower, and the baby's fussy and the bread you baked is turning out to be a big brick, and the children are fighting upstairs when they are supposed to be cleaning their room--then....what do you do?

Well--blog about it, of course!
Or, attend the Ultimate Blog Party!

One thing you'll find here is my ever-expanding quest to find the joy in the mundane, God in the details, the lovable in the unlovable, and the laughable in the unlaughable. One thing that keeps me going in my mothering adventure is holding on to His promise that "His mercies are new every morning". In that I can rest, in that I can start over.

So, here, you'll find me thinking--and writing about those thoughts. More on "Why I Blog" here. You'll see I delight in my children, and in my role as a mother.

You'll also see I think it's important to risk, and do small things that will add up to big things.

If you stay for dinner, I'll fix you some burritos made with Crockpot Beans. We can talk about some of the books you've read, books I've read, and books I plan to read! Maybe we can have chocolate chip cookies afterward...they're my favorite!

So....thanks for visiting! And if you let me know where you are (your blog address) in the comment section, I'll come visit you too!!

More about the Ultimate Blog Party at 5 Minutes for Mom.

20 comments:

delilah said...

I am just stopped by during the party! Hope you have a good time.

Ribbon Rock Star said...

Great party! Nice to meet ya.

Linda

Kimberly said...

Hi there..fellow party goer here. Looking forward to exploring your blog. I love meeting women who try to live their lives joyfully. I'm striving to do the same thing, but it's new for me (I'm a recovering pessimist, skeptic, moper, etc...). Thrilling, exciting, and frightening...and lots of other words ending in "ing".

Tracy said...

Hi Andrea, It's nice to meet you & visit your lovely blog. :)

Praying for your Prodigal said...

Thanks for the warm welcome! So nice to "meet" you. Glad you joined the party!

Diane

Anonymous said...

Tell those girls, Aunt Sandra sure misses them,and to be good..look at my picture each day that they drew..Miss ya'll Sandra

The Preacher's Wife said...

Making a return party stop! I love your site..Such a variety of things to look at! I'll be back!
:)

Jessica said...

I like your thoughts. To find God in the everyday and rejoice in it is definitely a gift.
I am attempting to read The Battle field of the Mind by Joyce Meyer and The Supernatural Power of a Transformed Mind by Bill Johnson, but my mind is usually mush by the time I can sit and read.
I love a good Lori Wick book for those days that you just need a break. I would love to talk books anytime you are available.

Aimee said...

Thanks for visiting my place for the party! I am enjoying your site very much - it is nice to find someone who is not just going through the motions.
Happy Partying and I'll be back :)

Andrea said...

Hi! Thanks for coming to my party. I'm Andrea too. I love what I'm reading here. I'll definitely be back after all this partying is over! :)

Monkey Giggles said...

Swinging in for the party. Nice to meet ya.

My 3rd party favor give away has begun. If ya get a chance come on over.

PARTY ON!!!!

Big Mama said...

I wanted to stop by and say hi. It's nice to meet you, thanks for stopping by my place.

e-Mom said...

Oh, I like you. Thoughtful musings, nice photography (Flickr), vibrant faith, and is that Mary Cassatt across the top? Thanks for inviting me to your party. I've had a wonderful time here! Hugs 'n prayers, e-Mom

Michelle said...

Hi there! Stopping by for the party! I will be sure to check back in and get to know you better soon! Have a great day. :D

Susanne said...

Stopping by with the party circuit! Nice to meet you. Loved this post introducing yourself. Felt like we really were sitting chatting!

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Hi, just popping in from the party. Nice to meet you. Can I have a chocolate chip cookie? :)

Kristarella said...

You heart is sweet, I hope to see more of your posts when I can read and stay.....too much partying going on. Have Fun!

MamaLee said...

so nice to find your blog! enjoy the party!

UKZoe said...

Every other loaf of bread I make seems to turn out like a brick lately!

Darlene said...

I'm still making my rounds around the blog party. I think is great that they left mr linky up so we can continue to visit new people. Come on over to visit. I am at:
I'm thankful for the thorns. I am
# 867 on the list. God Bless.