Sunday, April 22, 2007

Finally!

For a few months, I have admired Lesley's online journal The Bower, and her exquisite design of paper goods in her online store Small Meadow Press.

I had been thinking of redesigning my blog header for some time, and did not know really what I wanted, but Lesley's images from her store and blog resonated with me. It just "felt" like me.

So, I emailed her and asked her if she would be willing to design me a blog header! She so graciously replied that she would, and the result is my new blog header at the top of this blog.

I will miss my Mary Cassatt prints, but I hope to incorporate them in blog posts in the future. They also resonate with me.

So...thank you, Lesley! I am really enjoying my new look! I am still deciding on colors, etc, but I think that this design will stand as is. So if you come back and see different colors, you will know I am doing more housekeeping!

And, everyone, please go check out Lesley's blog and store Small Meadow Press. She says and creates wonderful things.

10 comments:

Trina said...

I love your new header. Feels so peaceful and serene. I like the blue it feels so calming. Have a blessed week.

Miriam said...

Andrea! It is *really* lovely! It does seem to fit you beautifully.

Anna said...

I love what you did with your header Andrea. It is very shabby chic! :) Lovely.

Mrs Wibbs said...

That's lovely! Really beautiful and serene, illustrates so well your desire to rest and resource yourself in solitude with the Lord in order to be a 'flourishing mother'...

Janel said...

I love it! Very nice. :)

Beck said...

Your new header is BEAUTIFUL! Off to check out her sites now.

Stacy said...

Andrea,
Popped over today to read your book review and saw this beautiful new header. I love it. So peaceful and serene and... just lovely!
~Stacy

Jennifer said...

Yes, I agree--it fits your blog. I like the picture and the definitions.

Elise said...

Oh, I love it! I've been out of the loop for a few days, and look what happens! :)
I will definitely be checking out her place, thanks!

AIMEE said...

LOVE IT!!!! So peaceful and reflective...it's how I picture you!