Monday, April 02, 2007

Thinking, blogging, that sort of thing...


The lovely, smart, gracious, and almost-9-months-pregnant Christine has tagged me for the Thinking Blogger Awards meme. What that means is this:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that
make you think,

2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the
meme,

3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the
post that you wrote. (Displayed at the top of this post.)

I really dislike that you can only tag five. For there are so many blogs and individual posts that make me think. My blogroll shows excellence in blogging, in my opinion. (And it needs to be updated with a few more I have "discovered".)
So, here goes. These fine ladies do a wonderful job in getting my mind to go places:

1. Writer L.L. Barkat at Seedlings in Stone is a friend who attends the same bible study as me. What you read on her blog, you will find her speaking about on Tuesday mornings. She causes me to think so much outside the box, and I like people like that. Her blog is a tiny taste of many of her passions which play out in her life.

2. A dear blogging friend, Miriam, who has the beautiful, thoughtful, and peaceful blog Living Fragrance has a gentle writing style that I love to read. She is truthful and vulnerable in her posts. A favorite one of mine that she has written is this one.Plus, she posts gorgeous pictures of her little baby!!

3. A new to me blog is the contemplative Mama Monk.I really enjoyed a recent post of hers which gave more light to the meaning of "we are but jars of clay...." Here it is.

4. I have really enjoyed getting to know Kari at Just Another Day in Paradise.She has the best "Thankful Thursdays" that really make me thankful and thinking about all those little things that you take for granted. Her writing style is like talking with a sister chick.

5. And, finally, I have really enjoyed getting to know and reading Aimee's journey of Living, Learning, and Loving Simply. She always has great links and practical ideas about living more simply in this world. I love the way she makes me think about those things.

Like I said, there are SO many other blogs out there that make me think and deserve the award. This is just a few!!

9 comments:

L.L. Barkat said...

Andrea, I'm flattered (in the best sense of the word). Thank you so much for your kind words and for your presence in my blog community.

It is mutual... I find you quite thoughtful too!

Anna said...

Congrats to you Andrea! You really deserve this! I love your writing and your outlook in general as a child of God.

Mama Monk said...

What a fun surprise this morning! Thank you for your words and encouragement. I have really enjoyed reading your thoughts and seeing glimpses of your world.

AIMEE said...

sweet friend :) I am honored! really! what a fun treat to find when I got home tonight...had NO idea you and L.L. knew each other?!??! Very very cool. I need to come visit y'all's Bible Study sometime :)!!

Miriam said...

Andrea! How very kind of you... I feel *so* honored. To be sure, you regularly make me think as well! Thank you, friend. :)

Elise said...

Rats - someone stole you from me!
And then, YOU stole Miriam from me! You might just get double tagged. :)
You deserve it so much, Andrea.

bluemountainmama said...

congratulations, andrea! but you stole l.l. from me! :) i was tagged by anna, but haven't posted yet. and i agree with elise, you deserve to be double tagged!

and, by the way, sir laughsalot and i have been having a blast dancin' to dan zanes in our kitchen....thanks again!

Kate said...

Congrats and a BIG thank you, friend! What a lovely surprise...and how fun to take the time to thank the dear ones God has placed around us. I am thrilled that He has put you in my path...sisterchick! Have a blessed day! :D

Katherine@Raising Five said...

Double rats, I was going to nominate you, too. One has to be quick on these matters! I need my cup of tea nearby when I come visit because I know I'm going to be doing some ruminating. How fun to get to know some new bloggers from your list!