Saturday, June 09, 2007

Equipped

Five months into my marriage, I made a huge move across the United States from Utah to right on the Upper West Side of Manhattan.

At that point I was trying to figure a lot of things out.

How to be a wife, how to be a mother. How to live in one of the largest cities in the world...completely different from the living I had known up the canyon of the Wasatch Mountains.

Fortunately, I knew I was handpicked for this situation, so I was not stressed--too much. I was young, naive, and ready for the adventure.

Thankfully, He equipped me for the job ahead. The job He called me to.

God does not call the Equipped, he Equips the called.

Thankfully, I can say His glory was manifested in that first year, that teachin' time. He equipped me in a short amount of time to do the job I was called to.

4 comments:

Ann V.@HolyExperience said...

He does it, this equipping business. Yes. I forget that so often. Thinking I have to somehow muster up what is required.
Abide.
Yes.
Thank you, 'Paulette'. ~wink, smile~
Tired Mommy brain going to bed... grateful for the truth, Andrea: *HE* does the equipping.

All's grace,
Ann

Anna said...

It is very important to remember that God does indeed handpick us and that he ALWAYS equips us with our needs for the tasks He lays in front of us.

Thanks Andrea for this reminder....it was timely for me.

Sarah said...

No Way! We just moved home to CO from Salt Lake City last June! We loved it there, culture shock, but we loved living so close to the mountains and the ease at which you could manouver around the city on highways. What part of Utah are you from? Were you part of a great Christian church? We were part of Southeast Baptist. Small world.
Sarah

Elise said...

I am so grateful for His manifest glory in your life, Andrea. It has made you who you are - and are becoming.