Monday, June 04, 2007

Spring Reading Thing...update

I've got about three more weeks until the Spring Reading Thing is over.

Here is my list:

The Irresistible Revolution by Shane Claiborne
Don't Waste Your Life by John Piper
Dumbing Us Down by John Taylor Gatto
Disposable People: New Slavery in the Global Economy by Kevin Bales
Writings of A Deliberate Agarian by Herrick Kimball
Becoming the Woman of His Dreams by Sharon Jaynes
Let My People Go Surfing: The Education of a Reluctant Businessman by Yvon Chouinard

So far, I have left to read:

Disposable People
Let My People Go Surfing
Becoming the Woman of His Dreams


I have until June 21st, but, honestly, I don't think I will get to all of these. Most likely I will read Disposable People, and just make the other two my summer reads.

5 comments:

Kate said...

Hi Andrea!
It's been a while...just popping by to say Hi and I was thinking of you! Way to go on your book list...mine is far from finished but I've read more books than I would have if I had not done the Spring Reading Thing! :) Happy Bday to your hubby...God bless your day! Love in Christ...

Sarah said...

I don't know how you find the time to read so much, but I am envious! I love to read! Maybe I should blog less, read more eh?
Sarah

Andrea said...

Sarah
Half of those books were ones that were partway finished that I put on the challenge becasue I wanted to finish them.
I don't find that much time to read, either, though. :)

Elise said...

Rats - I was hoping to hear how you liked "Becoming the Woman of His Dreams." I guess I'll have to wait...
Or, maybe I could read it for myself and decide. What, you don't want to be my personal reader? Like a personal shopper, but you don't have to measure me or anything! :)

L.L. Barkat said...

It's great to see what you are reading. Have you read anything by Don Everts? I think you might like him.