Monday, July 02, 2007

We interuppt this regularly scheduled program...

Award

Yes, I know, I'm on a blogging break, but I was notified by
Christine that she had so graciously nominated me for the Blogger Reflection Award. The story behind the award is this:

"The reason for the title is because this award should make you reflect on five bloggers who have been an encouragement, a source of love, impacted you in some way, and have been a Godly example to you. Five Bloggers who when you reflect on them you get a sense of pride and joy... of knowing them and being blessed by them.

"This award is for the best-of-the-best so consider who you pick, carefully. This award should not be given to just anyone. If you're going to do the award don't just write a few words and slap it on your blog. Write real thoughts about these bloggers and what they've been to you, and if the bloggers you pick have already been given the award, don't be afraid to give to them again. They deserve it as many times as it's given."


I am seriously blessed that Christine said my blog "had the fingerprints of God all over it". Seriously, it's all for Him!! And I could not do it without Him! In addition to these other blogs, I send this award right back to Christine. She has so many great challenges and reflections going on on her blog. She is so positive and encouraging. I always love what she has to say.

Also: Katherine, Sarah, and Betty. Thank you!!

For me to tell 5 blogs that have impacted me in some way is close to impossible. Please check out the wonderful blogs on my blogroll. (Which I totally need to update with more!)

So, here goes:

1. Amy the Humble. Amy continually challenges and encourages me, as well as countless other bloggers and readers. She has a huge following. And it's no wonder why. I love how she points all her circumstances to the Lord. She was the very first blog I discovered, and I've been committed (obsessed) ever since. I know she generally does not do these meme things, but she deserves to be mentioned in my book for her wisdom she has imparted to me.

2. Elise at A Path Made Straight. Elise and I are essentially on the same path of motherhood. I love reading her beautiful words and writings of her struggles and thoughts, as we are in the "trenches" together. Elise is one of those bloggers I wish was my next door neighbor. However, if she was, then I would be chatting with her forever and not getting anything done. :) Thank you, Elise, for inspiring me in my motherhood walk.

3. Katherine at Raising Five. Katherine is so down-to-earth and her oldest is as old as mine. She has a wonderful, thoughful, balance of raising children and motherhood. She has written so many amazing posts. Go spend a few days there perusing her archives and you'll see why. She continues to encourage me.

4. Betty's Bits. Betty is a true reflective blogger. Her well-written posts are like reading her thoughts. I love how she pieces them together and weaves them with her everyday experiences. She challenges me to always look to Him.

5. And finally, Tonia's "A Study in Brown". I just love Tonia's thoughts....every time. You can tell this woman of God is continually thinking and reflecting like me. She approaches so many issues dear to my heart and says them in her beautiful flowering language. :) I love to read about her strides in living an authentic life for Christ.

I could say so many more blogs. Thank you to all who I read who continually challenge and inspire me, and get me reflectin'. You all are so very special to me and I feel blessed to be a part of your "community".

Here's what the recipients should do:
1. Replace my five bloggers with yours and write a least a paragraph about each one.
2. Make sure you link to this post so others can read it and the rules.
3. Go leave your chosen bloggers a comment and let them know they've been given the award.
4. Put the award icon on your site. (click here for original link and icon link for your blog)

5 comments:

Betty said...

Hi Andrea,
What a surprise! I had to send that award right back at you! I've really cut my blog reading down so I didn't have 5 that actually fit that category, but I put the ones that do. Thank you for thinking about me and including me in this honor.

Love, Betty

tonia said...

Thanks so much, Andrea!!

Susanne said...

Congrats Andrea! A very deserving award for you! And some great new sites I can check out. Amy's was my very first blog I found too, before I even knew what a blog was. And Katherine is definitely a must read fave.

Katherine@Raising Five said...

Oh, YOU. I can never beat you to anything (good thing we're on the same team!).

You have been such a blessing to me, and I'm so glad for our friendship. This is the perfect award for you! Keep on "reflecting" Him!

Elise said...

Just wanted to let you know - I finally did mine! :)