Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Dinner music


At times, while preparing dinner, I listen to the news on the radio, or some favorite music. Or sometimes, nothing. But my favorite preparing dinner music so far is the babbling of my sweet babe as he goes through all the downstairs books.
I can't tell you what a calming sound that is for me to listen to him go through the pages and "read" his books.

He has gotten so verbal lately, lots of jabbering and voice inflations, along with his many words. He said his first sentence the other day: "I want some more." Now we try to get him to say it whenever we can.

Some of his favorite things to do are "read" books (by himself, with siblings, mama and daddy), push cars, look at lights, sing, laugh, and grin.

Who said anything about terrible two's?

Note: He's not two, yet. :) Just wanted to clarify that. I don't want him *any* older than what he already is!

7 comments:

Courtney said...

What sweet music! I usually listen to David Wilcox, but a little babe babbling sounds even more wonderful! What a cutie!

Mrs Wibbs said...

Oh Andrea, that's so precious!! Your baby is gorgeous and it sounds like he's a contented little guy too :o) All credit to you, friend...

Mrs Wibbs said...

Oh Andrea, that's so precious!! Your baby is gorgeous and it sounds like he's a contented little guy too :o) All credit to you, friend...

Beck said...

My Baby narrates everything I'm doing, which meant that last night I heard a monologue about how I was burning supper and how loud the smoke detector was. :)

Joni said...

Sweet thoughts! I have pix of each of my little babes in the floor just like yours surrounded by the books flowing out of their basket. I love to wake up and hear them reading, especially my two non-readers (2 and 4)who tell the stories wonderfully because they've heard them so many times.

Christine said...

Oh, my, he is just like my little Elliot! They have the same interests! He is precious!

Beverly said...

Oh how precious!! What a sweetheart :-)