Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Plans and purpose

Often, on our different journeys through this life, we do not see the lesson, test, or God's purpose while we are "enduring" it. Sometimes it's after the fact, or sometimes it's the other side of Heaven. We have to learn be content with that.

There are so many things, hard things, that I've had to endure, but still do not understand the purpose in it all. I know one day I will, so I try not to question His ways. I try to say to myself "no regrets"; for I'd like to think I could endure large or small waits, tests, and lessons, beautifully; with His grace. I try, anyway.

What I do like is seeing the meaning of the test, lesson, or purpose very quickly. Face it, we are a people of deep need, but also short on patience. It's not a new problem but an ancient one. That's why He sent His Son. So, seeing His results quickly is something our flesh really enjoys. I'm thankful God gives us those sweet things every once in awhile.

As I mentioned earlier, it's been a test for me this week as I submit to His plans. One of the fruits of submitting is to be able to see His purpose. The blessing of having another mouth to feed here is that he is learning more about the Lord in our home than I think he ever has. He's been asking questions about prayer and the Lord. For this, I am thankful, and excited.

I think that if we truly knew all the workings of the Lord, all the details, it would amaze us all. He is always orchestrating, and nothing is overlooked. I take great comfort in that.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."~Jeremiah 29:11-13

7 comments:

Courtney said...

Lovely reminder!

tonia said...

mmhmmm. *nodding head*

A good, true reminder as our school year starts. Our fourth day, and already I have had to lay plans on the altar and ask Him to lead.

Sending hugs and encouragement to NY....we're in this together, sister.

Kendra said...

How sweet for your family to be able to witness to this little cousin!

Ann V.@HolyExperience said...

"He is always orchestrating, and nothing is overlooked."

Ah, yes.
There is a conductor to this life's symphony. He is making music of this cacaphony.

Thank you, Andrea. Truth I needed to remember yet again today.

You are so appreciated.

All's grace,
Ann

EEEEMommy said...

"The mind of man plans his way but the LORD directs his steps." As you follow God step by step, your plans may be disrupted, but God will use you and be glorified in you and through you. It is amazing how He orchestrates the details! How wonderful for you to have the opportunity to be able to be a witness and encouragement to your nephew! Continue to trust Him, He knows what you need to do to be ready for the new schoolyear, and He'll be faithful to supply it!
Blessings,
Angel

Elise said...

Whew. Can I ever relate! (laughs)
Seeing the fruits of submission, as you said, is such beauty.

I look forward to more such fruit, Lord willing, as I lay it down...with you, friend.

Thank you.

Crystal said...

Hey! Thanks for the great post! It's a great reminder of the rest we find in God. Thank you for the reminder. Cheers, Lady! It's good seeing your blog!