Friday, August 03, 2007

What I'm thinking about

A man's heart plans his way, but the LORD directs his steps. ~Proverbs 16:9

(From Stacy.)



There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.~Romans 8:1-2

(From Amy and Aimee.)



But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.~II Corinthians 12:9-10

(From Jana.)



Jesus said to him, “ ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ Matthew 22:37-39

(From Tonia and Jewels.)


Blessings, everyone. Enjoy the reads. Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

L.L. Barkat said...

That first one is the perfect embodiment of the paradox so many grapple with... our free will and God's sovereign hand. Isn't it amazing how the Wisdom writer didn't seem to have any problems with the existence of both?

Grafted Branch @ Restoring the Years said...

The first one is my daily prayer...Lord, I've made my plans, but know that You ordain my steps. Please help me to be confident an content in them.

I'm off to meet some new bloggers; thanks for the links!

Blessings on your weekend.