Friday, September 28, 2007

Weekend reads

I've said it before, but there is not one bad post at Katherine's. What's more, I feel like I'm in her living room drinking sweet tea with her every time I visit. I loved this post on the "End of the parenting honeymoon". I love the idea of "commitment on steriods". Go see.

Can I just link to Ann's whole blog? Yes, I do believe I will. Today's post has me thinking of "expectations"--in everything.

I've also been pondering the thought of What do you have on your plate today? It goes along with "Do the next thing" and "I can do anything in 15 minutes". Now...to merge all that together is something to think about.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

9 comments:

Courtney said...

These are fabulous reads! Thanks for pointing me in that direction.

L.L. Barkat said...

I've always liked the idea of "do the next thing too." Sometimes I've heard it expressed as "pick the low-hanging fruit."

Stacy said...

Oh, Andrea-- I feel exactly the same way about Ann's blog. Just go read it ALL, already! I linked to her post today, too. *Such* a good one, and exactly what I needed to hear. (What God needed me to hear).
Blessings to you and yours today!
~Stacy

Terry said...

I have to agree with you about "Raising Five." What a wonderfully encouraging site!

Brenda said...

I was so blessed by all of these reads!!! You sure can pick 'em!

Ann Kroeker said...

Good stuff--profound words from thoughtful folks. Sometimes I wonder if we'll ever need traditional devotional books again, with all this good writing being posted for free (yourself included)?!

Elise said...

Oh, goodness yes - any piece from Ann's will do at any time - there are so many, and all of it soul wrenching and life changing.

It's the same over here, my friend!

Lindsey @ Enjoythejourney said...

Some really good stuff...thank you! :) I've finally got my laptop and I can check my fave blogs again. Missed you!

Beverly said...

Yay! Thanks for the good reads. And I am going to make those muffins you posted the recipe for this week :-)