Thursday, October 18, 2007

A couple of resources

Do you know of a young woman, perhaps in her early 20s, or even late teens, trying to live out her faith in this crazy culture? I would encourage you to point her to Jess' blog Making Home, which explores so many issues on living biblically as a woman in this age. (It's even great for mama's like me!) It's so important to have people who show young women "how" to go about living counter-culturally, and making decisions about what their lives will look like.

Another thing I am excited about is Marybeth Whalen's series next week on teen girls. Looks like a great bunch of people to learn from.

Isn't it amazing what resources we have at hand here on the web? Care to share something you've come across as a valuable resource?

4 comments:

Terry said...

Brenda @ familyrevised.blogspot.com shares a great read advising parents to use extreme caution when choosing a Bible for kids among the various versions available. It's a good post and very helpful.

L.L. Barkat said...

It really is great. We are blessed, even in such simple things.

Anonymous said...

I feel I can only offer this anonymously, but I found CorneredCat.com to be extremely helpful and thorough as I was on my personal journey that led to concealed carry.

It's written by a mother of five who began carrying a handgun when all five (if I remember right) were under the age of 10.

Lots of good stuff about safety, reasoning and mindset as you consider this choice.

(I chose Anon. b/c that's the whole point of *concealed* carry.)

Brenda said...

I love Jess's blog too. She has great stuff on there!

Someone who is amazing to me is Domestic Felicity at http://ccostello.blogspot.com
She and some of her links are some young women going WAY counter culture and very much concerned with the things of God. I sure wasn't like that in my 20's!
And I get so much encouragement from Mrs. Fuentes at http://proverbs14verse1.blogspot.com

There you have my 2 cents worth!:)