Sunday, October 14, 2007

Paper Clips

My sweet friend Courtney, at her lovely blog Digging To China, has been waiting a looonnngggg time for her baby from China to arrive. Keep prayin', y'all.

In the meantime, she passes the time learning to be a homemaker, and among other things; being a watcher of movies.

She mentioned the film Paper Clips in a post awhile ago. I put it on the Netflix Queue, and received it rather quickly. It sat at my bedside for months. I guess I didn't want to committ to the emotion it would bring out.

Last night we "threw it on" (oh, haha, I am laughing about that!), but I'm so glad we did.

Not only was it about the Holocaust, but so. much. more. I'm still thinking about it today.

I am officially recommending this movie! You will be fascinated watching it. Words cannot describe it. See it.

5 comments:

Monica said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm going to put it on my Netflix queue today.

Sarah said...

Okay, I'll put it on our netflix. If you like foreign films, I recommend Veer-Zaara. It's an Indian film with lots of wonderful music and dancing and a beautiful love story to boot.
Love, Sarah

Jana said...

I have this on my to-watch list, along with Ushpizin, which you reviewed a couple of months ago. This looks REALLY good.

Thanks again, Andrea, for commenting on my dilemma. Your comment today GREATLY encouraged me. I know you're right about not allowing my age to bother me. And it is nice to hear that my style is unique. I guess that counts for something!

I really appreciate you.

Terry said...

I've never heard of this movie, but I'll have to check it out.

tonia said...

I am beginning to mourn the loss of my TV and cancelled Netflix account.

:)