Thursday, November 15, 2007

E-book Review: A Recipe for Christmas Joy

I have to admit, Christmas came so quickly this year. My local hardware store has a Christmas tree up in their window. Just last week I heard Christmas music playing at the grocery store, and saw plastic Santas in the aisles. I sure hope "they" aren't going to start trapping consumers the day after Halloween now!!

However, while it's one thing to get out the Christmas music and decorations before Thanksgiving, it's another thing to start thinking and planning about what you want your Christmas to be like. That is important.

That is why I want to recommend this e-book to you by Mary Beth Whalen called simply: A Recipe for Christmas Joy.

No, Marybeth does not say having advent devotionals and baking and cooking everyday is what will give you that joy. *smile* She had me hooked when at the start of her book she said:

"It is so easy in all of the rushing and stress of the season to squeeze in a short time with Jesus before rushing off to "do" Christmas. How can you get intentional about having Jesus in all of your Christmas? This book is filled with ideas for doing just that!"

I am one of those types of people who files away scraps and clippings, and notebooks and notebooks of ideas, but then forgets about them and never really uses them!! What I love about this book is that it is filled to the brim with everything you could possibly need or want in celebrating Christmas...celebrating Jesus!! It's all there! Recipes, devotionals, ideas for ministry, and encouragment to keep your focus on Jesus...and so much more.

I've been reading Marybeth's blog for awhile now, and when she asked me to do a review of her ebook on my blog, I was so thrilled. I always love what she writes, she is so down-to-earth, unpretentious, and gets to the heart of the matter every time. Her tone comes across so nicely in this e-book: encouraging and "do-able" is how I would describe it.

Please go check out Marybeth's blog, Cheaper by The Half Dozen, (she has six children!) where you can find information on ordering A Recipe for Christmas Joy.

Here's to happy Christmas planning!

1 comment:

AIMEE said...

Thank you so much for suggesting this e-book...I plan on getting it! I haven't read Mary Beth in a while so I will have to go visit. I heard her speak earlier this year at our homeschool support group and it was great...do you get the daily Prov. 31 devotionals?