Friday, November 16, 2007

Good Great mornings



Some mornings are not-so-good: baby wakes up too early, coffee's not in the coffeepot, it's an overcast day, I'm tired....you must know. I will admit, I sometimes groan to myself: Groundhog Day!

But sometimes, I am surprised at just how wonderful they can be: coffee in the coffeepot (a must!), a clear, crisp sky, light shining beautifully through the window, a fire made by daddy, a snuggle on the chair, a reading of "Jesse Bear" and a favorite "Calvin and Hobbes" comic, brilliant yellow fall leaves reflecting off the table: I love the details of this morning. It's times like these I am refreshed and reminded that His mercies are new every morning. Great is His faithfulness. Did you know that the word "great" comes from a Hebrew word meaning manifold or multiplied by myriads? His faithfulness and mercy is manifold and multiplied by myriads!! What a wonderful thing it is that we are free to start over...again and again. His grace, mercy, and love are so very wonderful. He is able to do more than we ever could ask or imagine for. (Ephesians 3:20)

Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions [mercies] never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. ~Lamentations 3:22-23

9 comments:

Katherine@Raising Five said...

That is one of my favorite verses (although the longer I go, I think they are ALL my favorites!). My morning did not start off smoothly, so what a joy to come here and be reminded to take a deep breath and remember what truly matters. Thank God for his unfailing love.

Kendra said...

Yup, baby woke up too early. And, I'm just now getting my coffee at nearly 10. But, I'm with you, when those mornings are good - they are really good.
Praise the Lord for his faithfulness through it all.

Anonymous said...

After a tense morning, how refreshing it was to visit here and be reminded that His mercies are new every morning.

:..Rebekah..: said...

I was just reminding myself (for some reason, I tend to forget) today that "his mercies are new every morning."
"What a wonderful thing it is that we are free to start over...again and again. His grace, mercy, and love are so very wonderful. He is able to do more than we ever could ask or imagine for. (Ephesians 3:20)" I sometimes have a hard time letting go of my sorrow over my failings and sins, and this is not what God intended. Once we've confessed we are cleansed and forgiven and it is forgotten by Him! What a blessing to read it and be reminded again here! Thank you.

Rebecca said...

beautiful picture andrea of the couch and the changing leaves outside! Miss you!
Rebecca

Ann Kroeker said...

Great photos, great thoughts, great verse.

Thanks for sharing your meditative morning with us.

Ann V.@HolyExperience said...

Multiplied by MYRIADS!
Breathtaking, beautiful, true.

Thank-you, Andrea... thank you.

L.L. Barkat said...

The sun in those small places. Now, there's grace in that, isn't there?

Beverly said...

I needed to read this this morning. It promises to be a long day -- but ah -- His mercies are new; His faithfulness is great.