Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I Love You More: Book Review


I've mentioned before, how in our family we go back and forth a lot of times, telling each other how much we love each other:

"I love you up to the moon!
"I love you past heaven!"
"I love you past the stars!"

And so on.

This gives us numerous opportunities to talk about just how much God loves us, and even though you may love Mommy and Daddy up to the moon, God loves us so much more.

I was delighted to receive this book I Love You More by Laura Duksta and illustrated by Karen Keesler, for free in my mailbox to review here on my blog. I've been asked to review other books, but this one looked great, so I said "yes".

I really was not disappointed in the adorable child-like drawings and the verses that included "I love you more than the tallest tree ever grew!" and "I love you more than the prettiest flower ever found!"

What is also neat about the book is that it is a flip-sided book "like love that never ends".

So if you are looking for that special gift for a loved one, or for your loved ones, please consider I Love You More by Laura Duksta.

5 comments:

L.L. Barkat said...

Missed you today. And I wanted to comment on the post below. It really is hard, isn't it... So much pain. How we do wait for God's rest.

L.L. Barkat said...

And I went and read Ann's "song" of sorrow. Yes, she captures the feelings well. Brought tears to my eyes.

Terry said...

The book sounds great. I think I'll look for it to read to my little one.

Sarah said...

Looks like a cute book, I may have to check it out. And oh miss Andrea, your post below! I read Ann's post and was a blubbering mess! What profound truth she spoke and what a heart-breaking story. My heart was tender last night and I was just so moved and impacted. I lost my dad to brain cancer when I was 16, he was just 40. Being a mother myself now, this hit me at the core of my being! Thanks for sharing this.
Love, Sarah

Beverly said...

Andrea, this looks like an excellent read -- going to add it to my ever-growing list.
Your previous post had me in tears. We have a sovereign God, but how painful it is at times. So much faith - it does put me to shame.