Friday, February 22, 2008

Snow day

(Scenes from my back deck this afternoon...)

Growing up in the South with mild winters, it's taken me awhile to get used to the snowy Northeast winters. It is my least favorite season around here, and next is Spring, because, well, there is no Spring around here...it's still like Winter even though it's "Spring".

If I had my way, winters would be generally mild, but I don't mind a handful of these winter storms like today to enjoy. I love being inside, warm, and watching snow fall all day. I just want it to warm up and melt the next day. But, alas, I can't have it my way. 

Again, if I had it my way I'd keep my baby boy little for as long as I could. I was so excited to find a red toddler bed for five dollars on Craigslist, and so today for his nap, it was the first time sleeping in a "big boy bed". Oh, he is so darling. 

So, wherever you are...enjoy your Winter's day. Have a wonderful weekend!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

So pretty Andrea! Enjoy the snow! Our baby (not so much anymore) turns 3 on Tues- sigh :). I know what you mean about keeping them little- if only!
Have a nice weekend!
Ami

Courtney said...

Enjoy that beautiful snow and your cozy home! These kind of days are good for just slowing down the pace a bit. Happy weekend! Elyza's getting baptized this weekend! Hooray!

amy said...

Andrea,

I'm at the beach where it's 75 degrees and breezy. This is the good part of paying enormous property tax and insurance bills each year. The bad parts are June, July, and August.

Beck said...

I'm so glad that the storm didn't hit us - my husband had a long car trip today!
Lovely photos...

Terry said...

Not to rub it in TOO much, but it's 80 degrees down here today. The snow looks really pretty, though!

Lindsey @ Enjoythejourney said...

Rainy here and about 32-34 degrees. Cold enough to be miserable, but not cold enough to have snow. Sniff, sniff! I love your pics of snow!

:..Rebekah..: said...

What a lovely view! It makes want to wrap up in a warm blanket and read a good book. Our winters have been very mild for years here in Tennessee. When I was growing up we had winters that look like your pictures. I wish my children could experience the beauty and the fun of that much snow. Maybe next year....

MondaythroughSunday said...

Beautiful! I do enjoy winter time but around this time of year I really long for Spring. Stay warm!

Jennifer, Snapshot said...

LOL about Spring (from another Southerner living in the NE). I had never thought about it, but you're right, what I consider Spring doesn't really kick in until it's almost summer.

Can you see that I'm catching up after a week out of town?