Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Laptops and cake



When my husband surprised me on Christmas with a laptop, I clutched it to my chest and selfishly said--"mineallmineallmine." Yes...I did.

Similarily, tonight I made a cake. (mineallmineallmine.)
But I didn't exactly say that.
But.
One child doesn't like blueberries in cake, one child doesn't like bananas, and 3 of them don't like cream cheese frosting. (I know, the horror.)
So conveinent to me to find a recipe with all three of those ingredients in them. (insert evil laugh.)

Oh yes. mineallmineallmine.

Blueberry-Banana Cake

Wet ingredients:
3 egg whites
1/2 cup canola oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup sour cream
1 ripe banana, mashed

Dry ingredients:
1 cup unbleached white flour
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

1 cup blueberries
1 tbsp lemon zest

Add wet ingredients to sifted dry ingredients until combined. Fold in blueberries and lemon zest--do not over mix. Bake in greased 8 inch pan at 350 for 30 minutes.

Let cool and frost with Cream Cheese Frosting.

Come on, now. Can't a mama say "Mine" every now and then?

8 comments:

Courtney said...

oh girl...this sounds scrumptious! I gotta try this one!

Elise said...

Oh, I'm so coming over right now. Will you share with me? :)

L.L. Barkat said...

I'm laughing (and identifying).

MondaythroughSunday said...

Enjoy! Yum!

Vicki Fourie said...

Ha ha! Very funny. Witty.

I won't try the recipe, cause it's a rollercoaster to disaster! I can't bake ANYTHING!!!

I'm a Christian as well, and would love it if you could tell me what you think of my writings (I want to become a writer...) Thanks!
vickifourie.blogspot.com

Vicki

Terry said...

Cute, Andrea. Enjoy your laptop and your cake. It looks delicious!

Prairie Chick said...

mmmmm! Gonna try this TODAY but with home grown saskatoon berries in lieu of blueberries. Looks/sounds delish!

Katy said...

Yes, a mama can indeed say mine every so often, for if she succumbs to insanity, who is left to care for the chickadees?

Love your blog, btw, found it through Nie.