Tuesday, March 04, 2008

A week of breakfasts: Tuesday


Tuesdays are our women's bible study/home school co-op days. This calls for a quick prep and clean up breakfast.  Tuesdays my kids know it's Yogurt and Fruit Breakfast.
Usually I serve vanilla yogurt and "crunchies" (their word for granola) mixed together. Their favorite store-bought "granola" is the  Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Cereal. This cereal contains many different sprouted grains including wheat, barley, millet, lentils, soybeans, and spelt. It is so good to try to eat different grains instead of just wheat or oats. It gives us protein and variety to the diet. Along with the yogurt and and granola, I try to add some fresh fruit. Usually it is cut up apples or oranges, but if berries are in season we will eat those....yum!

I know there are some great recipes out there on making your own granola. If you are feeling ambitious and inspired, you can make your own sprouted granola. Another great granola recipe is one here. Get creative and inspired! :)

7 comments:

AIMEE said...

ooooh, I love that you are doing a week of breakfasts! Fabulous! We do yogurt with "crunchies" a lot too, and I have never tried the Ezekiel brand....I'll add it to my list! I don't have the time nor energy for making my own in this season of life, so i love to find some healthy options. Your oatmeal ideas were fantastic too...

MondaythroughSunday said...

This is one of our favorites!

Beck said...

We can't get that here! Wah.
I make my own granola - in fact, one of today's plans is to make some gluten-free quinoa granola!

L.L. Barkat said...

And today? Missed you. (Were you enjoying this little breakfast too much? :)

dorothy said...

I'm enjoying your breakfast series. We had that delicious looking oatmeal you made yesterday this morning and it was gobbled up by everyone! Missed you today.
love,
d

Anonymous said...

And put *together* so nicely. Yogurt has been a lunchtime staple for us...SO are you also going to give lunch ideas :-)) I am really enjoying reading about these. Mary Brooke

Elise said...

Guess what I did today? Went to Whole Foods and found some Ezekiel 4:9! I can't believe it- it wasn't even on my list, and I looked on a whim! I can't wait to try it (mineallmineallmine).

I make granola for Kev and the kids, but I can't figure out the nutritional value, so I like holding a box with that info on it.
I also bought some good yogurt- love the idea of mixing that with the kids granola- they get tired of having it every day.

Love you!