Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Spring afternoons

This is what I've been doing every afternoon this week...

After Boo awakes from his nap, I get a glass of ice water, hummus with pine nuts (delicious), tortilla chips, and a good read...

Take a deep breath (I need it), enjoy the view of the Hudson River...





On my perch, I get a good view of Boo playing in the sand box....(for at least 2 hours.)






Boo...what's that you've got in your shirt pocket?



Sand? You rascal, you.

Stay tuned for tomorrow: we visit a friend's house built in 1732, and attempt to find tadpoles to bring home...should be interesting!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brings back many, many happy memories of looking out our kitchen window on Trent!!!

Love Mom

MacCárthaigh Family said...

Sounds like lyou guys have lots of fun. My son Sean is almost 10 but still loves to play in sand. We just got rid of the sand box last year and I am sad that he is grown up and cant have it now (his friends would laugh at him but I am very tempted to get another one...) but when we take him to the beach, which is often he plays in the sand for hours!
Like the photos, I thought it was a hamster in your sons pocket! Just used to seeing Seans hamster in his pockets etc!

Jen said...

That sounds lovely! I can't wait for our weather to get warmer. We are having such a cold spring. I need to find more time to read; I'll have to make myself carve out some time.

Terry said...

What a view! My husband and I look forward to the day when we can leave suburbia and live in a place where we can appreciate the natural beauty of creation abit more. And you can see the Hudson River?! What a blessing. Boo looks like he's having a great time. We were discussing getting the Princess a sandbox. I think seeing your pictures has solidified my resolve.

By the way...What's that good read you have there?

Monday through Sunday said...

Awesome view! sounds like a great day!

:..Rebekah..: said...

I've recently discovered hummus, and oh my goodness, I love it!

AIMEE said...

yes, hummus and a book are one of my favorite retreats too :) I love eating it with the Archer Farms Flat Bread crackers.

Jennifer, Snapshot said...

I'm eating hummus right now. It's my favorite.

Sheila said...

That sounds heavenly! We need to refill our sandbox. The neighbourhood cats find it way too often. :(