Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Dreams and faith

Does your family have a dream?
Does your husband have a dream?
Do you personally have a dream?
How can you go about pursuing that dream?

I was talking with my pastor this morning for a bit, sharing a little of what is going on in our life. He told me that, as Christians, we can be bold for Christ. We can be bold in our decisions. Why? Because God is good. He is great, and He is good. That is why, as Believers, we have the confidence and the faith...to step out and pursue a dream. Because He loves us and takes care of us. As the Westminster Catechism says...Q. Why ought you to glorify God? A. Because He made me and takes care of me. We do not have to fear because our God is great and good. And we ought to glorify Him through this process.

How do you know what God's will is?
Well, there is no "specific will".
Rather, the question should be in any given circumstance: "How can I better know, love, and serve God through this situation?" (More wonderful thoughts on that here.)
This could be in pursuing a big or little dream. 

Really, what's The Alternative?

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Oh, Andrea. We are on the verge of big changes around here! I read Sara's post and now I'm sitting here thinking how we could afford to downsize and get out from under this mortgage. (And that's not even the changes!) WHY aren't there apartments like she used to have around here? Apartments that would be substantially cheaper than our mortgage are also unsafe around my neck of the woods. Sigh.

The Arnold Family said...

This is sooo where I am in my life right now. The topic of dreams, and dying to mine and letting God build up His...Learning to trust and learning to wait...wow. It is still a little too close to the heart that I can't share, but I hope to be able to soon!

Monica said...

Oh, you've got me thinking now. Sometimes I get weighed down with the everyday stuff and forget to dream.

Recently, we've seen the Lord bring to fruition a long time dream of my husband's. It is beautiful to watch it unfold and exciting, too!

Sheri said...

I needed this post. Thank you for sharing. May God bless you along your journey.

Elizabeth said...

my dreaming was always very self-centered. i still haven't mastered the ability to dream big for the sake of Christ's work here on earth. so, mostly, i don't bother myself too much with dreams. i just live each moment as close to bringing God glory as i can.