Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Dwelling in the house of the Lord

Our house is for sale.

If you've ever had your house on the market, then you know the emotions wrapped up in that last sentence.

Yes, I know, I know, the housing market stinks. It's bad. I said it. I accept it.

But, our house is for sale, because we want to go after a dream. We've been planning it for awhile now. (6 years?)

I look at it as a new chapter in our book called Life.

I can't tell details. But when it happens, I'll tell more.

So... we live, we work, we plan. And He directs the steps. (Uh, Lord, what's the next step?)

Dwell in Me. He says.

Okay. I'll try to trust.

"Believer, you are thrice blessed to have a dwelling place! You are greatly privileged, for you have a "strong habitation." (Ps. 71:3) in which you are ever safe. Dwelling in Him, you have not only a perfect and secure house, but also an everlasting one. When this world will have melted like a dream, our house will live and stand more imperishable than marble, more solid than granite, self-existent as God, for it is God Himself--"We dwell in Him." "
~C.H. Spurgeon

13 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Andrea: our home is for sale, too. In fact, I'll be posting a funny/frustrating story about it tomorrow. We've been waiting for 6 weeks. No bites. Nothing. Nada. It's a FUN TIME to sell a house! Woo hoo!

Pam said...

Andrea, I read your blog often and rejoice at the depth of your spirit. I'll be praying for your house to sell in God's timing. Luv you, Pam S

Christine said...

Oh, the housing market stinks here too or I think we'd try to move. When the time is right (or when God kicks us harder!) we might take the plunge. Looking forward to finding out more about your journey!

L.L. Barkat said...

Oh bittersweet words!

payton said...

praying for yall during this time... "Life" is always a really exciting chapter.

Miriam said...

I'm so glad we have a forever dwelling place in Him. Blessings on your plans... very exciting! :)

Beverly said...

I am so excited for you, and can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for you!! I'll be praying that the market won't affect the sale of your house.

Beck said...

Wonderful post!
Now move to my town.

The Arnold Family said...

My heart tugs for your dream. Praying it is realized, above and beyond what you could have dreamed yourself.

Elise said...

I agree with L.L. - so bittersweet! I've been praying for you in this, friend, and will continue... may He give you much peace. (((Andrea)))

amy said...

Just say the word and I will find you your dream house .... right near me! :)

Jennifer, Snapshot said...

Oooh--I'll be praying for you (and wanting to hear details when available!).

Don't mistake a slow housing market for lack of God's approval.

When we moved here, almost 4 years ago, it was clear to us that it was God's will, so we packed up 6 year old daughter, newborn son and left our home on the market and bought a house here.

It didn't sell immediately, but it wasn't interminable either.

Monday through Sunday said...

Moving is hard but God will certainly give you the grace to sell and move on to the new chapter..exciting times!!