Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Three Memes of Six

I know the title of this post does not make any sense.
But, just keep readin'.

Janel tagged me for this meme: Six Quirky Things about You
Here are the rules:

* Link the person who tagged you.
* Mention the rules in your blog.
* Tell about six unspectacular quirks of yours.
* Tag a new set of six following bloggers by linking them

First things first.
I think you'll really find out my quirks if you're so lucky to ask my husband. But I'll tell you six right here:

1. I wear socks to bed. Even in summer. Weird? Quirky? You do it?
2. I sleep with a pillow over my head. I'm trying to break the habit. It all started when I had my first babe. It helped me sleep.
3. I need some sort of "white noise" when I sleep. I'm trying the break that habit, too. Right now I use a small fan on low before I go to bed. Guess where this all started? Yep. (Why are all these quirky things about my sleep habits?)
4. You know when you have flowers in a vase? I like to have the water clean and filled to the almost top. I'm pretty anal about it. (I did just say anal.)
5. I clean out my purse everyday. Yes, I do. Receipts, toys, pens, wrappers--outta there. It must be neat.
6. I need "lip stuff" (lip balm) on my lips before I go to bed at night. Well, there ya go, another quirky bedtime thing.

I tag the following bloggers to tell 6 quirky things about themselves:

The lovely *and* beautiful Ann Kroeker
Mrs. Payton down there in Georgia
Kristi at Good Like A Medicine
Katherine at Raising Five ...if she can see through her boxes to get to her computer
Tonia? My dear, I know you are quirky, so this should be easy. ;)
Amy at Untangling Tales, 'cause I think you'll enjoy doing this.


L.L. Barkat tagged me for the "Six Random Things" Meme over at her blog Green Inventions Central. L.L., will the above ones suffice? ;)

Tami tagged me with a sweet award. A "You Make My Day Award". Well, it just made my day! And I want to pass that good feelin' on...


To...
((Stephanie))
((Courtney))
((Kari Jo))
((Elise))
((Beck))
((Stacy))

And to close this madness, I am taking a break from blogging. Speaking of madness, that's exactly what it is around here. *smile* It's time for a break. See you in a week or so?

Au Revoir!

8 comments:

L.L. Barkat said...

Sufficient. And marvelously quirky. Except the fan thing. [she says "except" because she has gotten into this habit too because of her spouse's quirky need for a fan to block out noise!]

tonia said...

you stinker. :) i'm not quirky!

ok...i'll see if i can possibly come up with 6 things about me that are quirky...if i can.

give me a day or two. :)

Beck said...

Thank you SO much, Andrea! That's lovely!
I wear socks to bed every night, too. I hate naked feet at bedtime... but I'm frequently barefoot during the day. Odd? Normal? I don't know.

AIMEE said...

oh friend, I have missed your blog! I haven't been reading blogs for a few weeks and I feel like I have so much to catch up on!

I sleep with socks and white noise and lip balm and the occasional pillow (usually in the morning if my husband has gotten up with the kids)
My philosophy is "whatever it takes for a mama to get sleep!" Quirky or not! :)

Carrie at dumptrucksandteacups said...

Enjoy your break!

Stacy said...

Andrea,

I loved reading all your quirky traits! :) I can't believe you clean out your purse EVERY day. Sheesh, girl! :)

I love my lip balm, too.

Thank you for the "You Make My Day" nod! You are very kind!

Blessings to you on your break!

~Stacy

Amy Jane (Untangling Tales) said...

Thanks for the tag ;o)

Limited comp time this last week but I hope to make it my next post.

Cheers!

Mrs Wibbs said...

funny re your no. 6: I have to put lip balm on my lips before I go to sleep at night too! Think I might tag myself for this meme after all ;o)
Am enjoying visiting here, sorry for lurking all to often.
Blessings
Rachel