Friday, May 09, 2008

Weekend reads

Remember my Week of breakfasts? Check out this delicious blog Simply Breakfast, in which there are inspiring pictures of one woman's breakfast everyday. (It will make your mouth water!)

I'm a little late in saying "Thank you" to Peggy from the blog The Simple Woman. She awarded me "The Simple Woman Award" for the month of May. Thank you, Peggy! Please stop by her place to check out her musings and everydays on being a "Simple Woman".

Design Mom is hosting some fabulous Mother's Day giveaways.

Here is wishing all of you a wonderful and blessed Mother's Day! Enjoy your time with your family and remember to flourish in your role! :) Have a great weekend.

"The commonest fallacy among women is that simply having children makes them a mother--which is as absurb as believing that having a piano makes one a musician." ~Sydney J. Harris

"I never thought you should be rewarded for the greatest privilage of life." ~May Roper Coker, Mother of the Year 1958

7 comments:

Christine said...

Love these quotes and the last post too. Really wise words!! Have a great weekend, Andrea!

tonia said...

happy mother's day, andrea.

your blog has been so rich and inspiring these past weeks. keep up the great work.

love,

tonia

L.L. Barkat said...

A tag for you. Or not. Over at http://greeninventions.blogspot.com

:..Rebekah..: said...

Andrea,
Have a wonderful Mother's Day, and thanks for always encouraging me to flourish.

Stacy said...

Andrea,
Happy Mother's Day to you!

~Stacy

:..Rebekah..: said...

I love both of the quotes that you mention here.

I hope you had a very blessed Mother's Day!

Honest to Ya~Ya said...

I found your blog through A Simple Woman and I understand why she awarded you. You have an awesome blog!

Thanks for the Breakfast blog link. Breakfast is my very favorite meal of the day!☺