Thursday, July 17, 2008

Blessings abound

When you are down so low, only clinging to Him, out of choice or forced to (usually my case!), then it becomes easier to see blessings in your life.
When it feels like you don't have much, then what you do get you are more thankful for.
Don't get me wrong, I am blessed with much. But my perception of all that can get in the way. (So can lack of sleep!)
I have been lamenting that we have not had a pool to swim at this summer. Instead of joining a community pool, I will "mooch" off other people. We were using a friends' pool weekly, and the last time we went we were "banned" because she can only have 3 guests. Well...guess what! There are FIVE of us!! I was so bummed about it and felt like God wasn't hearing my prayers or meeting my needs. He was so good to show me otherwise. Within the same week, two friends invited me to swim at their private and community pools. Just a reminder that He is good and Blessings Abound if only we look.

6 comments:

Beck said...

That's WONDERFUL!
You should move to my town - we have LOTS of places to swim.

Goodlikeamedicine said...

That's so funny! I am in the SAME situation... just 9 months pregnant! We live in an older neighborhood, and most of my friends have pools in their new neighborhoods. I was getting the same way (whining, really) and asked God to please put us on some people's hearts... Well, in the last few weeks we have had way more invitations to swim than we can handle!!! God is good ....

:)

Toia said...

This remind of a scripture - Wait on the Lord and be of good courage and He will strengthen your heart. Wait I say on the Lord!!

L.L. Barkat said...

Am I one of the two? :) I want to go at least twice a week, and it can be like a party, because the number of guests is UNLIMITED. How awesome is that?

Andrea said...

Yes, L.L. you are!!
So we will be there for sure!!

Victoria said...

What a great reminder to wait on the Lord for all we need. I have a similar story that may encourage too. I have been wanting some new sand for our sandpit, as it has all "disappeared"! But keep having more pressing needs for our DIY/garden budget....yesterday I collected the boys from nursery and they have been given, left over from a recent play equipment show, several dumper trucks full of sand, and so have invited all parents to help themselves! Guess what we'll be playing this weekend?