Monday, July 21, 2008

Share the Blog Award Love


The past two weeks have been challenging. So when I found out that Michele at "Frugal Granola" and Praire Chick at "Prairie Prologue" had nominated me for an "Arte y Pico Award", it made my day.
By having a blog; and writing and processing my thoughts/life, it has allowed me more insight into the creative process. So I am glad that  you enjoy reading.
I would be remiss if I didn't spread this love on just because I feel weird passing out awards or don't "do these things.". So, without further waiting:

Here are the "rules" for this award:

1) You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserving of this award, be it through creativity, design, or interesting material, and that also contributes to the blogger community, no matter the language.
2) Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
3) Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award.
4) Award winners and the one who has given the award have to show the link of "Arte y Pico" blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.
5) Show these rules.

In no particular order:

1. Tonia at "Study in Brown". Gorgeous photos, gorgeous words, and terrific insight expressed so well.
2. Ann at Holy Experience. A no-brainer. :) Ann gets these kinds of awards all the time, but I wanted to mention her myself.
3. Elzabeth at Kids, Twins, and Laundry Bins . Real, raw, honest writing. Funny, too. Her twins are a work of art. :)
4. Elise at A Path Made Straight. I have to mention Elise. Thoughtful, careful, creative writing. A calm place to be. Full of love and grace. A dear friend. Need I say more?
5. Monica at Shine Again. Honest goings on in a busy household. I love to just read her thought processes. Much joy in her life. Great frugality.

9 comments:

tonia said...

thanks, andrea. :) i wish i could read spanish to understand the original link! *smile*

you are dear.

Andrea said...

Tonia,
I know!!

L.L. Barkat said...

Yup, Ann is an obvious choice. All her love poured out and returned to her!

my house by the river said...

Andrea,

Arte Y pico, means art and pico is actually the beak of a bird. The reason for the award is a way to say to the person, you have done well in the arts. You are creative and you also write creatively.

Congratulations!

mari

Andrea said...

Thanks, Mari, that is so beautiful!!

Ann Voskamp @Holy Experience said...

That you would share blog love warms this far-out-in-the country heart... pulls me into community, makes a place for the farm hick.

You bless and I am made low.
Thank you, kind, hospitable friend...

MacCárthaigh Family said...

Well done, you deserve it!

Elise said...

Ah, you share the love so well, friend. Thank you- I am so blessed by you in return- here is where I come to settle in with my tea and roam through the archives... love you.

Monica said...

Thanks for the award. You continually bless me by your thoughts and words.