Saturday, August 16, 2008

iPod, I'm sorry


iPod, you and me, we've never had a good relationship.
I would have never bought you, but my husband got one for free and gave it to me.
I'm sorry I left you on my treadmill for several months, unused.
(Sorry, treadmill, I've left you unused for several months, too....)
iPod, I'm sorry I didn't give you a chance.
You know how wary of technology I am.
And headphones. 'Cause I think they stifle real communication.
I would have never bought you. In fact, I made my teenager save up her own money for one.
I know, how awful of me.
But, like I said...I didn't give you a chance.
'Cause I really like being able to put you on and drown out noise.
And just listen to Led Zeppelin.
Or Fernando Ortega.
(I have varied tastes.)
Anyway, I'm sorry.
I think you're great.
John Piper podcasts rock.
And shopping at the Farmer's Market, with the volume up, also rocks.
So...I love you.
There, I said it.
I love iPods!!!

8 comments:

Prairie Chick said...

ha ha ha! oh can I ever relate. Well, to everything except the Led Zeppelin thing that is. still don't have a cell phone though =O

Andrea said...

Praire Chick,
The joke in my family is that I *shouldn't* have a cell phone--I never turn it on, I never charge it up. so, therefore I hardly use it!!
But it is nice to have on hand.

Miriam said...

You are so funny. :) I've been eye-ing iPods for the first time because I just started a relationship with a treadmill at a gym, and don't you know the gym's music picks leave something to be desired! And, I am just the same way with my cell phone as you described. It's rather infuriating to my husband, so I guess I should work on that!

daisyeyes said...

I think Ipods and Itunes is the absolute best invention ever...except for the money I can drop there!

Monica said...

We are currently ipodless at our house, though our girls would love nothing more. Sean told them that he would buy one for each person who memorized the Westminster Shorter Catechism. We'll see how it goes.

TulipGirl said...

I'm trying to puzzle out itunes. I've been adoring my mp3 player for a loooong time, but if something is only available through I tunes I skip it because the format is not intuitive for me.

Lynn said...

Yes John Piper does rock! :)

Just stumbled upon your beautiful blog..... gorgeous header, very creative!

payton said...

Andrea- this is my favorite. I LOVE my ipod. I love my grocery store alone time at night with my ipod. It is my own little "special special". It also makes housework and laundry actually fun.