Monday, September 01, 2008

Goodbye, Summer

(my 7 year old and I on my birthday at the beach)

This summer was the quickest summer I think I've ever experienced. One minute it was June, and now it's September. We were very busy, I think that is why it went by so fast. This fall and winter are proving to be very busy seasons as well.
Some memories of this summer:

8th grade graduation*Passing of a loved grandmother*Fireworks at my grandparent's farm*Tractor rides*Cousins*Birthday at the Beach*Perfect beach days at Montauk*Jumping off the lifeguard stand*Ice Cream Trucks*CSA produce*Grilling out on Sundays*Corn and more Corn*Driving to Pennsylvania*Tubing on the lake*Doritos and Coke on the boat dock--perfect!*Crying in the car*Uncertain future plans*Water parks and first roller coaster rides*Merry-go-rounds*Picnics*Blueberries*Homemade Ice Cream*

Here's to a new season!!

Past "Goodbye, Summer's":
Here and here.

10 comments:

L.L. Barkat said...

You and me both. I was just saying to my Littlest yesterday that this summer went by faster than any other. I guess "busy" makes it so. Or maybe it is just a function of me getting older. But maybe not... she was thinking the same thing, mourning that summer is coming to a close.

laurel said...

I liked your list of sweet summer memories. This summer has been absolutely bliss for me too, but I am excited about the changing of the seasons. I am always amazed at how the length of the seasons is just right...
I love that picture of you two. So sweet!

Power Up Love said...

I invite you to visit www.PowerUpLove.com a community of real people sharing real stories about how Love (God) has impacted and changed their lives.

Hannah said...

What an incredibly sweet photo!

Aimee said...

love love that precious photo...you need to frame that one!

Christine said...

Sweet, sweet picture. One you will treasure forever, I'm sure.

Praying for your recentering time!

Prairie Chick said...

What a great idea to capture the moment and season of life. I love it. I think I might like to do something like this for a scrapbooking layout, thanks for the inspiration!

Lynn said...

I don't know if I mentioned this before in a comment, but your header is gorgeous!

This year the summer ending has put me in a melancholy mood.... for some reason the thought crossed my mind today that this will be the last summer I spend with my 13, 12, and 2 year old.... next summer they will be, 14, 13, and 3.... time is slipping by way too quickly!

God Bless,
Lynn

Lynn said...

P.S. Great photo by the way!

Katherine@Raising Five said...

LOVE THAT PHOTO! What a moment in time!

Our summer went by dreadfully slow until August, which went by so fast I don't remember it. Sigh.