Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Blog love

I am always humbled and surprised when a blog reader notifies me that they "awarded" me a blog award. For one, lately I've been a very lazy blogger, and two, I am pleased and surprised that someone actually enjoys my ramblings and rants. =)

Rachel nominated me for a "Premio Dardos Award".
"Premio Dardos" means 'prize darts' in Italian. This award acknowledges the values that EVERY blogger displays in their effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary and personal values with each message they write. I am supposed to award this to 15 bloggers who I feel show these values. Well, I'm going to stick to five.

This next blog award made me snicker. I'm a grammar snob. It says, "For the coolest blog I ever know." Shouldn't it say, "for the coolest blog I ever knew"? Hee. No mind. Cheryl nominated me for the "Coolest Blog I Ever Know" award. 

I'm going to share some blogs that have really blessed me over the past few months:
Most Inspiring: The Beloved Nie Nie
Encouraging Freedom in Christ: Aimee
Most Gracious: Tonia
The Blog that helps me Breathe: Katherine
Gentle Words Blog: Jewels

9 comments:

erika said...

congrats on your awards... :)
you deserve them & more!!

Cheryl said...

:) We love your ramblings and rants...you don't have to post often to touch another mother' heart.

I too am a bit of a gramar snob and noticed the grammar issue, LOL

Terry @ Breathing Grace said...

You may not post often, but when you do, I know you'll post something worth reading.

And thanks for the acknowledgment. Means a lot.

Pink Slippers said...

Congratulations on your award.

Anonymous said...

I click on you every time I read through my favorite blogs and am always happy when you have posted something.

My former English teacher would have corrected the award to read "The Most Cool Blog I Ever Knew".

tonia said...

congratulations, andrea. i think these are well-deserved.

and thank you so much for your kindness to me. i appreciate you.

isn't it a wonderful world where we can connect over the miles and really find encouragement and support? God is so good.

bless you!

Mandy said...

I have really enjoyed you blog!! You sound a lot like me!! Hee hee!! Please read my blog if you have the time http://arewenearlythereyet.wordpress.com/ i am a busy mum of four and thats where i put all my ramblings about my families adventures! I would love to hear what you think!!! XXXXXXXX

Stacy said...

Congratulations to you on the awards!

And thank you for honoring me with one!

Blessings to you and yours- and I'm SO glad to hear you're feeling better!

Katherine@Raising Five said...

Congratulations! You deserve lots of prize darts.

Thanks for thinking of me - you help me breathe, too. (And I bet that blog award originated in my Small Town, or as we say, "from these here parts.")

Lots of love, and wishing we were sharing those incredible-looking cookies over a cup of tea,

Katherine