Thursday, January 29, 2009

Disclaimer

I want to re-emphasize my main purpose in "Mama Mondays". It is this quote:

"I would rather be what GOD chose to make me than the most glorious creature that I could think of: for to have been thought about, born in God's thought, and then made by God, is the dearest, grandest, and most precious thing in all thinking."

I truly believe that every woman that God made is unique and a composite of so many different sources--that should give us reason to celebrate, not compare. My goal is to open eyes to every woman's uniqueness in Christ, not to make us think: "I wish I were like that" or any of those thoughts that can so naturally happen in blogdom.

I also feel the need to state a disclaimer of sorts. Tonia's post has been weighing heavy on my heart lately. As I state in my sidebar "This is a place where my thoughts get their voice.....I also preach to myself here." Most of the things I write about on here are things that I have been talking with/thinking about with the Lord. Just because *I* think them or say them does not make them right--for *you*. They could be wise and good things, but ultimately, we must consult the Lord *individually* for His plan in our lives. I won't say anymore on that because I believe Tonia says some really good things on her post. Go read it!!

As I've said many times lately, my focus now more than ever is on living in His grace, love, and freedom. This often means I have to let go of control immensely and painfully, and embrace what is filtered through His loving hands for me. It is a hard place to get to, but a wonderful place to rest and be.

Ladies, there is so much advice and words out there--in blogs, books, media, whatever.....things that look lovely and wonderful, but are often portrayed one-dimensional. I urge you to listen to the One who knows you best and knows what is best for you, though you may never have chosen it for yourself.

Blogs are a wonderful tool for perhaps confirming what the Lord is already speaking to you about, but please don't make changes just because of what you read on them. There are so many factors involved to make those kinds of changes: consulting your husbands, life circumstances that we have no control of, uniqueness of ourselves.....the list goes on.

So....while my blog might portray a peaceful Sabbath, I don't include the burning biscuits or the harsh words spoken or impatientness on my part to sometimes make that happen. A disclaimer.

Ladies....live, love, and learn in His freedom, His grace, His love, and His mercy. That is my prayer for all who read here!

8 comments:

Emily Ruth said...

I have been lurking for quite awile but wanted to tell you (and Tonia) thank you. I needed to read this today. I can do better, and I know it. The Lord knows it. Thank you.

Prairie Chick said...

Such beautiful words of wisdom. I always try to remind myself to be intensely personal on my blog, and also "real". Really, it's a webLOG after all, A personal recording of one's thoughts and journey... to keep it PERSONAL is really key, to build others up where they are at (however far it be from where *I* am at) should be my heart's desire. If I am not consciously seeking to do that, I should shut up and keep a private diary.

Prairie Chick said...

I'm not sure I expressed myself very well above. I was trying to distinguish between personal reflection and "preachiness"... in preaching to ourselves, we have to be very sensitive to not appear to be preaching to someone else. Love ya!

Terry @ Breathing Grace said...

Such good words, Andrea, and said with such grace.

It is my sincere prayer that we, as women of faith will know, realize and understand that whatever we read *must* be filtered through our present reality, that we understand that one woman's path, is of necessity, different from our own because it is her path, and not ours, and that we can celebrate the diversity within the body of Our Savior while being ever so careful not to water down the truth for the sake of our conveniences.

This was a good post; now I'm off to read the one you linked to.

tonia said...

Wonderfully said yourself, andrea. You are sharing a similar idea with a twist that's all your own...and it will minister to just the right people.

I have noticed a rest here at your blog lately...like you have come into your own space. what a wonderful gift!

GMTA,

tonia

laurel said...

Tonia expressed so beautifully what has been on my heart lately too. It is hard to find a balance with our words. Hard not to compare ourselves to other women who seem "more together" than us. I find this blog very encouraging.

lorraine uk said...

peace to all you beautiful women who seek God in this hard materialistic world. You open my eyes and enjoy your words.

Blessedw5mom said...

Wow! very encouraging! I now need to go baack and thank the mama at THL who directed me to your blog. Can't wait to read more Mama Mondays!

Blessings from Heather at

www.growing-in-rejoicing.blogspot.com