Monday, January 19, 2009

Mama Monday

Do you have a mom-friend in your life who inspires you? Maybe it's the sewing they do, maybe it's the cute way they design their abode, maybe it's the perspective or encouragement they bring to you. All mamas inspire us in one way or another. A friend shared this quote with me:

"I would rather be what GOD chose to make me than the most glorious creature that I could think of: for to have been thought about, born in God's thought, and then made by God, is the dearest, grandest, and most precious thing in all thinking."

This quote is the essence of "Mama Mondays". We were all created uniquely in ways we could never, ever, figure out. What fits or works for one mother, may not work for another. We have different passions, experiences, and ways of doing things. This is the beauty of God's creativity. I hope that the Mamas I feature on "Mama Mondays" will inspire you to be the person that God chose to make--You!! I hope it opens your eyes to the personal uniqueness of your talents as a mother and as the woman God created you to be. 

*thank you to Kristi for designing the "Mama Monday" blog button.
Mama Mondays will start next Monday!

11 comments:

Kristen said...

Love this idea! So important for mothers to realize and be grateful for their particular gifts. Is that your friend's quote or does it come from another source?

Andrea said...

Kristen--not sure where the quote came from. I will ask my friend.

Rebekah said...

This is a great thing to do and the quote is just beautiful.

laurel said...

I am looking forward to this weekly feature. I think it will be great!

~nanashouse~ said...

I lost the link for your blog when my computer took a nap. I'm so happy to be back. Many congrats on your new little one!
I will be lifting you up in prayer over the next months.

Homemakers Cottage said...

I'm looking forward to your Mama Monday posts! ~Kristy

Goodlikeamedicine said...

I laughed when I saw my name in big read letters in your post... it reminds me of meeting a friend at Panera Bread last week for lunch and hearing, "Christ, your order is ready..." at the counter! hahahaha! I laughed so hard when I read the receipt! Anyway, I'm in a silly mood. I'm glad you're doing this; it will be so fun to read and be encouraged and inspired! Love to you! - Kristi

Rain said...

Really looking forward to Mama Monday posts-a reason to like Mondays!
Congratulations on your newest blessing.

Elizabeth said...

Andrea: I tried to send you an email response to your question for me yesterday. The email was sent back twice. Argh! Can you resend it? I had so many things to tell you!

Until then, here's what you were looking for: (sorry to leave it in comment box!)

http://www.elizabethesther.com/threes_a_crowd/2008/11/frugal-christmas-idea-1-hand-made-hair-bows.html

Beverly said...

I can't WAIT for these posts!

Natalie said...

LOVE that quote! I am going to need to print that out and post it over the sink!