Thursday, January 15, 2009

Re-entry

Wow, I feel like I am slowly re-entering the Land of the Living!! I am looking at recipes online, sending my husband a grocery list, and Cheese-Its and Coke are no longer my craving or staple. I'm out of the first trimester, and I notice improvement! This is exciting and huge for me. My morning sickness all day, all night sickness has let up immensely, and I am sooo happy! So how do I celebrate? Why making cookies, of course! I am actually GOING into my kitchen to today to bake cookies. I call this recipe "Thank-you-God-I'm-feeling-better-Peanut-butter-cookies". Enjoy!!

1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup crunchy peanut butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda

DIRECTIONS
Cream together butter, peanut butter and sugars. Beat in eggs.
In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir into batter. Put batter in refrigerator for 1 hour.
Roll into 1 inch balls and put on baking sheets. Flatten each ball with a fork, making a criss-cross pattern. Bake in a preheated 375 degrees F oven for about 10 minutes or until cookies begin to brown. Slightly under-cooked is okay.

Image from Martha Stewart

11 comments:

Pink Slippers said...

Amen! I had that sickness all day too. Yuck. Throwing up every morning then sick the rest of the day. I just past it too. When is your due date? Mine is July 13th.

Holly said...

Oh, I feel for you-glad you're getting better! I had that with all my pregnancies also-until the day I deliver. I took Zofran with the last 2 pregnancies.
The cookies look delicious & so glad you feel good!!! Holly

laurel said...

YAY for Andrea coming back to the land of the living!! I am right behind you...

Janel said...

So glad to hear you're feeling better! That 24/7 sickness is the pits.

{hugs}

Homemakers Cottage said...

So glad you're feeling better... and congrats on the coming baby! The cookies sound yummy. ~Kristy

Bethgem said...

Mmm, cookies. Glad you're feeling better. :)

Courtney said...

Wohooo! Glad you are feeling better and can focus on more important things like...baking yummy cookies!

Adventure Mama said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better! Peanut Butter cookies are my favorite- thanks for sharing the recipe!

Anonymous said...

Andrea I am so glad that you are feeling better!! I *love* cheezits and coke in the 1st trimester! Mary Brooke

Rebekah said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better. The first trimester days of exhaustion and all-day sickness...there's nothing quite like 'em! :)

Brooke said...

I must have missed some entries....I didn't know you were pregnant! Congratulations!!!