Friday, January 09, 2009

Weekend reads

Going along with my word for the New Year: "Health", I like what Elizabeth says:

"It is not "laying down your life for your child" when you skip meals, skip sleep, skip exercise, skip showers, and skip private time for prayer. It's suicide.You have to put on your oxygen mask before you can help them with theirs. Took me nine babies to learn that."

Keep reminding me of that, ok?

Along the same lines: Take a little time for you

Have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

Joy said...

Good advice, that. I'll pencil it to your forehead if you'll pencil it to mine- thataway, when we look in the mirror, we won't forget.

:D

Aimee said...

yes, I don't plan on letting you forget this :) really.

TAMI said...

Elizsbeth's words are fantastic. I've never thought of it so 'negatively', but that's exactly what it is ... and all of us who've been there know so!

Tammy (Mom to this crazy bunch) said...

Wow. Isn't God amazing in his timing? I needed to hear those very words at this very minute. Thank you for following his promptings.