Thursday, February 19, 2009

Octomom/Weekend reads

Everything on the news lately is negative. This is obvious. It seems the media can't help but put a negative spin on everything that is going on. I've been somewhat watching the Octomom's story with interest and intrigue. I've been trying to form thoughts on it all. Hard to do when you have pregnancy on the brain. There is this insightful article by Peggy Noonan that scrapes the surface of my thoughts. The thing that bothers me the most about it all is the lack of support for the mother, yet the endless blathering about "it's all about the children". To me, they are one and the same. Elizabeth's post graciously explores her thoughts on it all, and also how it relates to herself. I think it's the best opinion I've read and agree with. Couldn't have said it better.

This mama is going out of town this weekend for a women's retreat. Tomorrow we go for the ultrasound, and we will find out what we are having...hopefully!! So it will be a busy weekend.
See you on Monday!

3 comments:

laurel said...

I can't WAIT to hear what you are having!! I am rooting for a boy! :)

Anonymous said...

do you know, do you know???????? :) Rebecca

Pink Slippers said...

I found out a week ago. I can't wait to share it on my blog. I have to wait till we call my FIL to tell him first.
The worst is when the ultrasound tech says...it's not 100%. I don't want him to say that. Hope they can tell for you.
Wendy