Thursday, March 05, 2009

Good reads

I am sharing a few reads I really enjoyed this week:

In Defense of Facebook
I am not ashamed to say I am enjoying Facebook--for a lot of the reasons featured in this post. I went into it kicking and screaming, but very soon got hooked. Very good, balanced article.

I am enjoying Terry's series on "Christian Movements". It fits well with my last post on Blinders and bandwagons.

My problem with Christian Movements: Part One
Part Two

If you read my last Mama Monday, don't forget to leave a comment there if you would like to be in the drawing for a free handwritten card by Kari Jo. I will draw tomorrow evening.

4 comments:

Joy said...

he he- I don't think you would have survived the early weeks of your pregnancy without Facebook! I have this love/hate relationship with it. I love catching up with friends, but then it's been a huge distraction for me- and then there's this certain level of privacy that is lost when your *mother* friends you...*deep sigh* So I shut down my account. Who knows if I'll go back.

Anywhoo...off to read Terry's articles.

:D

Sara said...

What a great article on Facebook! Thanks for sharing...

Terry @ Breathing Grace said...

You, Andrea, are one of the most eloquent writers I have encountered since I stumbled into blog land. And I mean it. So that you would link to me is humbling. I am honored. Thank you.

Would you believe that I am not on facebook? Or Twitter? Or MySpace? Everytime I consider it I think to myself: Do you REALLY need to spend any more time online?

Natalie said...

I loved that FB article! Thanks for sharing.