Thursday, March 19, 2009

I made a meal for Jesus.

I made a meal for Jesus.
I think He would eat chicken....maybe? Along with His felafel.
I made it with Love.
Instead of lamenting I am 20 weeks pregnant with my fifth, tired, and why doesn't anyone ever bring me a meal out of the blue when I need it? Or why isn't there some magic fairy meal-maker?
I cut up the onion, celery, carrots, carefully.
Thinking how He would enjoy eating it.
Probably sopping it up with yummy, crusty bread. And maybe some wine?
I would use my best china, of course.
It gave me immense pleasure.

So maybe when I am making dinner each night for my family... (and breakfast. and lunch. and snacks. Oh mamas, it never ends, right?)
...I'll think of serving Him.
And how He would smile. And enjoy it. ...and I'd probably cry.
'Cause He would understand my heart.
And what I put into it.
And why.
And He's already given me everything I will ever need, so He wouldn't need to bring me a meal. 
'Cause I feast daily at His table.
And because of that, I am honored to serve Him.
For the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve; and to give His life as a ransom for many. ~Matthew 20:28

18 comments:

TAMI said...

Because He would understand my heart.

betsy Norwood said...

i'm crying, right now. i loved reading this.
i love feeling this. because he is WORTHY.
so beautiful, Andrea. i love your heart :)

Betty said...

"Because He would understand my heart." That's the line that got me. It means so much to be understood and to think He understands us without us even having to explain ourselves or figure ourselves out... Yes, I'll cook and clean for Him too!

great post, Andrea!

Kristi said...

Sooo beautiful!!! Surely this was sent from God to encourage us today... thank You, Father! :)

Mrs. Olsen said...

Thank you for the greater perspective with this mundane and endless motherhood task.

Aimee said...

crying...

you are precious...

Anonymous said...

I'll bring you a meal, dear friend! I'd love to do it! :) Rebecca

Courtney said...

Wow! Lovely thoughts, dear friend!

Liz said...

Thank you. I just found your blog and I love what you have to say and how you see your world.

Prairie Chick said...

oh. this is encouragement. this is truth.

Andrea said...

y'all are making ME cry!!!! i love to be in the trenches with you ladies....and with our Lord!!

Rebecca--i know you would bring me a meal in a heartbeat dear friend!! thank you. and thank you all.
love, andrea

Christine said...

Beautiful, Andrea. That we would all see the the world, always, through His eyes. Your words are treasures.

Hello, I'm Lisa. said...

Beautifully said.

Katie Rich said...

This is beautiful and inspiring. Thank you.

Natalie said...

Andrea, that was beautiful!

flo said...

reading this for the 2nd time...

Sarah Joy Albrecht said...

Matthew 25:31-46

Especially verse 40:

"The King will answer and say to them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.'"

More hugs ;)
SJA

Kristen said...

Visiting for the first time and you hit me where I needed it tonight. I am a busy Mama to 5 and wife to one busy traveling man. Crying. Thanks.